Ideal for large and multi-storied homes, Netgear Orbi takes WiFi to the next level. A Netgear Orbi WiFi home system comprises a router and multiple satellites that are placed in different areas of home to have internet access in every nook and corner of the home. You can purchase a new satellite at any time and add it to the existing Orbi router. However, as per a latest query that hass been asked multiple times, Orbi users are unable to add Orbi satellite to the router. If you are experiencing a similar issue then you are going to get the solution right here.
How to Add Orbi Satellite to Router?
If you have an already setup Netgear Orbi router at your home, then connecting a Netgear Orbi satellite is a very simple task. The process goes as follows:
- Begin by unboxing the new Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Place it near the Orbi router and power it up by plugging into an active power source. Wait till the LEDs get settled which indicates a properly powered up Orbi satellite.
- Power up your Orbi router as well.
- Now, unlock your smart phone. The phone must be connected to the Orbi router’s network.
- Launch the Orbi app by tapping on the icon.
- Enter the username and password that you use to sign in to the Orbi admin account.
- Tap on SIGN IN button.
- The Orbi admin dashboard will display.
- On the top-left corner, you will find Menu icon. Tap on it.
- Tap on Add Satellite option now.
- Now just follow the on-screen prompts and add new satellite to your Orbi router.
That’s it! This is how you can easily connect Orbi satellite to the Orbi router using the Orbi app.
Can’t Add Orbi Satellite to Router?
If by using the above steps you are still not able to add Orbi satellite to Orbi WiFi system, then you can add it manually. Here are the steps:
How to Sync Orbi Satellite Manually?
- Both the Netgear Orbi satellite as well as router should be powered up and placed in the same room. The devices should be completely booted up and the LED on the satellite should be solid white which indicates the satellite is ready to be synced.
- Now, locate a button named Sync on the Orbi satellite. It should be on back of the satellite. Found? Push it.
- Within two minutes, push the Sync button on the back of the Orbi router. The time duration is important. So don’t delay much while pressing the Sync button on the router.
- The Netgear Orbi satellite will take about six minutes to sync to the router. So keep waiting and don’t interrupt the process.
- When the Orbi light turns blue, know that the satellite and router are synced properly. The connection between them is good. If the light is amber, this means the devices are synced but the connection between them is just fair, not good. Bringing the satellite closer to satellite will do the job.
This is all about how to sync Orbi satellite to router manually.
Netgear Orbi Satellite Won’t Connect Still?
If the manual method as well as Orbi app couldn’t help you add Orbi satellite to Orbi WiFi system, then you need to try the hacks provided ahead.
1. Move Devices Closer
As mentioned above, when you have synced Orbi satellite to the router, the light should turn solid blue. However if it is magenta, then this means the devices are not synced. To fix the Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting issue, you should move the devices closer to each other and then again try the manual sync process. If you still fail in syncing the devices, try the next hack.
2. Check Power Supply
Check if the Orbi satellite is plugged into a damage-free power socket. The satellite should be receiving non-fluctuating power supply to avoid Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting issue. Likewise, the Orbi router should also be receiving a stable power supply.
3. Verify Internet Connection
You should check the internet connection to the router and also the phone that you are using to add Orbi satellite. Connecting the Orbi router to the modem using an Ethernet cable is recommended to ensure solid internet connection.
4. Connect Phone to Orbi WiFi
The smartphone that you are using to add Orbi satellite to the router using the Orbi app should be connected to Orbi WiFi. This is the most important step. So check the WiFi settings of your phone and connect to Orbi WiFi. You can try coming closer to the router for optimum signal.
5. Update Orbi Firmware
An older firmware on the Orbi WiFi system can stop you from adding Orbi satellite to the router. So, access the Orbi admin panel and check if any updates are pending. If you find updates are ready then get the Orbi updated right away and then try syncing Orbi satellite to router either manually or using the Orbi app.
6. Reset Orbi and Retry
If the above steps have not been of any help, then perhaps there is some configuration error. So reset your Orbi satellite by pressing the Reset button and erase current configuration settings. Once done, try to add Orbi satellite to Orbi WiFi now by any method that you like.
The Bottom Line
With this, we conclude our piece of write up on how to add Orbi satellite to the Orbi router and how to fix Orbi satellite won’t connect issue. We suggest keeping the Orbi firmware updated to the most recent version all the time to keep getting the best out of it.