Many people out there are turning towards Linksys wireless range extenders because of their top-notch performance. However, some of them have to consider making this decision twice because they do not have access to a computer. If you belong to the lot that do not have a computer at home? Yes? Well, worry not because there are two other ways through which you can perform Linksys extender setup without computer.
In this post, we have mentioned how you can set up a Linksys extender using the WPS method as well as the Linksys app. Thus, quit waiting and give this blog a read.
How to Perform Linksys Extender Setup via WPS Method?
Before you get down to the steps below, keep one thing in mind you need to follow them in the same order as they are given. Or else, you will mess up during Linksys extender setup without computer.
- Locate a wall socket near your home router.
- Once found, plug the Linksys extender into it.
Note: You need to be very cautious while plugging the extender into a socket. The reason being, if you plug it into a damaged one, then you won’t be able to complete the setup process and get stuck with issues that we can’t even comprehend.
- Switch on the power button on the extender and the router.
- Let the LED on both devices turn solid.
- Locate the WPS button. Do it on the extender, and then, carefully press it.
- You have to implement the same on your router.
Note: Know that if your home router is not WPS-enabled, then no matter how much you try to do setup the extender using the WPS method, you will fail miserably. Thus, make sure that you only use that router which is WPS-enabled.
- Wait for some time as your devices are syncing.
- Now, relocate the Linksys wireless range extender.
- Keep it away from smart home appliances.
With that, you will be able to wrap up the Linksys extender setup without computer process by pressing the WPS button.
How to Perform Linksys Extender Setup via Linksys App?
In this section, we have shed light on how you can do Linksys extender setup without computer using the Linksys app. In this method, the first few steps will remain the same as in the previous method.
Once you are done powering up the Linksys extender, follow the steps given here:
- Connect the extender and the router.
- You need to do that with the assistance of an Ethernet cable.
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the store of your device. This decision will depend on your device.
- Type Linksys app in the search bar.
- Tap on the search icon.
- A number of results will appear on your screen.
- From these results, you need to choose the Linksys app.
- Select it and tap on the Download button.
Note: Performing unwanted activities on your mobile device while the app is getting downloaded can interrupt the process. Thus, it is recommended that you avoid doing anything like closing tabs, playing online games, etc.
- Once the download process comes to an end, you need to install the app.
- Done with that too? Well then, launch the app.
- Create a personalized account using every detail required.
- Thereafter, perform Linksys extender login.
- For this, the admin login details should be put to use.
Note: In case you fail to be certain about the default admin login credentials while entering them, consider paying some attention to the user manual. In the user manual, you will find every little thing related to your Linksys extender apart from the login credentials.
- A screen will reveal itself with some instructions.
- At last, you ought to walk through them.
In this way, the process of Linksys extender setup without computer will come to an end. Now, you can gain access to the internet on every single device that you own. Plus, you can kiss worrying good bye as you do not have to stress regarding a lessened WiFi speed now.
The Bottom Line
Many people prefer to perform Linksys extender setup without computer. Considering you are one of them, we really hope that after going through this blog, you will be able to configure your extender using the WPS method and Linksys app.