Nowadays, Netgear Orbi is one of the most popular networking devices. It provides a high-speed internet connection in every corner of the home. But, occasionally many people have reported facing the Orbi pink light issue which hinders their networking experience. If you are also one of them, then worry not. Go through this post and learn how to resolve the pink light issue.
Causes: Netgear Orbi Pink Light Issue
Knowing the factors for the problem is important to avoid the issue in the future. Also, this will aid in getting the issue fixed easily. Here is a list of some common causes:
- The internet connection is unstable or wonky.
- The placement of the Orbi devices is not accurate.
- Faulty or loose power cable connection.
- Technical glitches.
- Improper Orbi devices’ configuration.
Solutions: Netgear Orbi Pink Light Issue
The technique to fix the Netgear Orbi device pink light issue is straightforward.
I. Restart Router or Satellite
The very first method you can try to resolve the pink light issue is power cycling the Orbi device. The reason is that a reboot will eliminate any temporary hiccups from the system.
- Firstly, power off your Netgear Orbi router and satellite.
- Next, unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Now, plug the extender back into the power source, and turn it on.
- Thereafter, insert the satellite into the wall socket and switch it on.
- Let both devices automatically connect.
II. Fix Loose Power Connection
The next cause behind the Netgear Orbi pink light issue is the defective or loose power cable connection. To get rid of this problem, make sure that the LAN cable is connected to the Orbi base station and the WLAN port. Along with that, also check that both ends are properly connected.
III. Resync Router and Satellites
When the Netgear Orbi router and satellite are out of sync, you can see a pink light issue. To do away with this problem, you need to sync the router and satellite again. If you don’t know how to resync then here are the steps:
- Initially, be sure that the satellite is connected to the wall outlet.
- Once done, press or hold the sync button on the satellite as well as on the router.
- Wait for a couple of seconds, and release the button.
IV. Check Internet Connection
Another way to fix the Netgear Orbi pink light issue is to verify the WiFi network speed. Make sure that your Orbi device accessing blazing WiFi speed. To check the speed of the network, connect the client device to a router using a LAN wire. Once done, navigate to the web browser and open a speed test website. Here verify the speed of the internet.
V. Locate the Orbi in the Proper Place
As we mentioned above the wrong placement of the WiFi devices also creates a pink light issue. To overcome this problem, you need to place the Orbi router as well as the satellite in the right place.
- The Orbi router and satellites should be put in an open space rather than in a nook of the house. This will ensure that the signals are accurately released.
- Other devices that could interfere with the router’s and satellites’ transmissions shouldn’t have access to their position. Our homes contain a number of machines and gadgets that emit EM waves. These waves degrade the router’s signal quality by interfering with it. Therefore, keep your router out of their way.
- Large bodies of water, reflective surfaces, and building materials can all have an impact on your home’s WiFi. As a result, the router should be situated far from these objects.
If the Orbi pink light issue doesn’t get resolved by positioning the devices in the proper locations, then follow the next troubleshooting tip.
VI. Perform Factory Reset
Last but not least, if none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips works to fix the Orbi pink light issue, and due to this you are not able to access the Orbi login then you need to reset the Netgear Orbi device to its default factory mode. If you are not sure how to reset the device then below is the process explaining how to execute the whole process:
- First of all, ensure that your Orbi devices are turned on and connected to a power source.
- Next, look for the reset button on the device.
- Once you find it, pick a sharp pointed object like a paperclip and hold the button.
- Wait for a little while till the Orbi LED light flickers amber.
- Now, your Orbi device is successfully reset to its factory default settings.
The Bottom Lines
This was all about how to resolve the Netgear Orbi pink light issue. We hope that with the help of this post, you can easily fix the problem. Now, you don’t have to worry about your device not functioning properly.